The Project funds are partially earmarked for the recruitment of a consultant for the realisation of the following task: The system of business analytics and reporting (Business Intelligence – BI) that is designed for local self-government units (LSUs). This activity aims to improve the quality, availability, and reliability of data on LSUs. The system of business analytics and reporting will serve as a tool for the improvement of policy creation, financial management, and service provision at the level of LSUs, and as a tool for evidence-based policy creation in the field of the reform of LSUs.
In keeping with the assessed needs, the MPALSG announces a Call for the submission of Letters of Interest for the recruitment of a consultant for the position: The System of Business Analytics and Reporting (Business Intelligence – BI).
The task of the consultant is to develop a system of business analytics and reporting (BI) of local self-governments that is simple for usage and whose purpose is to improve the quality, availability, and reliability of data produced by local self-governments.
The system of business analytics and reporting is to serve as a tool for the improvement of policy creation, financial management, and service provision at the level of LSUs, and as a tool for evidence-based policy creation in the field of local self-government reforms.
Specific objectives of the task are as follows:
- Boosting the quality of data in the system of business analytics and reporting
- Creation of improved procedures for automatic takeover of data from available sources of data
- Improving the reliability and quality of data
- Improving the existing relational databases
- Designing the storage of data and additional OLAP cubes
- Improving automatic migration of data from relational databases into the storage of data, and automatic updating in interactive reports on the Internet
- Designing of interactive reports on the Internet with the functions of decomposition (drill down) and consolidation (drill up)
Interested companies should meet the following requirements:
The consultant has to be a company with experience in the IT field that has been involved in similar activities and worked with state administration or local self-government and can offer a team which consists of the following experts:
All team members need to have experience in the work with T-SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, and integration and analytical services. All team members also need to have experience in the work with transaction tables with several million lines, financial data, structured and non-structured data in various file formats, such as: csv, excel, txt files, fixed width, json, xml.
The task is set for the period April 2019-October 2019.
The letter of interest needs to contain the following information:
- information about the interested consultancy with evidence that it meets the stated requirements
- information on the realisation of similar tasks – the list of references with information about: a) the number of developed analytical platforms, b) development of the reporting service with the minimum of 10 million lines of data, c) development of portals.
- a confirmation that the consultant can form a team that consists of the required experts.
The selection will be made by applying the method of: ‘Selection on the basis of consultants’ qualifications’, in line with the procedure envisaged in the Appendix No. 3 of the Agreement between the Government of the Swiss Confederation and the Government of the Republic of Serbia.
All who are interested can get more information through the web address given below during working days from 10:00 to 15:00, and that three days before expiration of the date for the submission of the Letter of Interest at the latest.
Please forward your Letter of Interest in Serbian, signed and stamped, in an electronic or written form, by 1 April 2019 at the latest to the following address:
Ministry of State Administration and Local Self-Government
Sector for the System of Local Self-Government
6 Bircaninova St
Phone no: +381 11 30 60 116