At the 51st session held on 4 May 2023, the Government of the Republic of Serbia adopted the Programme for the simplification of Administrative Procedures and Regulations – e-Paper for 2023-2025
The objective of the e-PAPER Programme is to create prerequisites for quality and user-oriented services for citizens and businesses and to reduce administrative costs for businesses expressed as a GDP share.
In order to overcome the challenges and critical factors that stand in the way of realizing this objective of the e-PAPER Programme, the following activities are planned in the period from 2023 to 2025:
- Reducing the administrative burden from 2.95% of GDP (2021) to 2.75% of GDP (2025)
- Optimization of more than 500 administrative procedures for the businesses and citizens
- Digitalisation of more than 200 administrative procedures for the businesses and citizens
- Digitalisation of 20 business episodes for the economy
- Inventory of more than 4000 administrative requirements
- Improvement of the infrastructure for the provision of digital services for the businesses and citizens
- The planned activities represent an upgrade of the results achieved in the implementation of the e-PAPER Programme in the period 2019-2022. As the most significant results achieved in the previous period, we particularly emphasize:
- The level of administrative burden reduced from 3.26% of GDP (2016) to 2.95% (2021) of GDP
- Establishment of the Register of Administrative Procedures (RAP) pursuant to the Law on the Register of Administrative Procedures (“Official Gazette of RS”, number 44/21), as a unique, centralized and electronically managed record of procedures conducted in the Republic of Serbia and administrative requirements for business.
- Register of Administrative Procedures Portal became publicly available from June 2021. More than 2,600 public administration services for the businesses and citizens are available on the Portal of the Register of Administrative Procedures. Public administration services available on the Portal of the Register of Administrative Procedures are under the jurisdiction of more than 100 public administration bodies, which are responsible for ensuring that information about public administration services is clear, up-to-date and accurate.
- A total of 393 administrative procedures were optimized (of which, 21 procedures were abolished) and 64 public administration services were digitalized, thus resulting in savings of over 30 million euros on an annual basis.
More information about the achieved results for the period 2019-2022 can be found here.
Financial support for the implementation of the e-PAPER programme is secured by the European Union through the IPA pre-accession funds, the Good Governance Fund of the UK Government, GIZ, German Development Cooperation, and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).
The most important activities related to the Programme are available in more details on its official website.epapir.rsjp.gov.rs