Donor name: German Corporation for International Cooperation GmbH – GIZ
Implemented by: German Corporation for International Cooperation GmbH – GIZ
Total value: 5,000,000 €
Implementation period: October 2016 – September 2020
Beneficiary: Ministry of Public Administration and Local Self-Government
Partners: Public Policy Secretariat – PPS, Ministry of European Integration, General Secretariat of the Government, Standing Conference of Towns and Municipalities, Human Resource Management Service, National Academy for Public Administration, Office for Information Technology and Electronic Governance and Office for Cooperation with Civil Society
Main objective: to provide support to the Republic of Serbia in accession negotiations process with the European Union and to make the process more effective and evidence-based
The Project comprises four components:
- Component 1: support for the process of harmonisation of special laws with provisions of the Law on the General Administrative Procedure (LGAP), including the monitoring of its implementation. This component is focused on the support for the simplification of administrative procedures that the business sector undertakes through the analysis of these procedures and the development of recommendations for their simplification.
- Component 2: creating preconditions for more efficient provision of public services through the enhancement of human resource management in public administration and introduction of the framework of competences, and the application of modern instruments for human resources. The component also supports efforts of local self-government units to align their administrative procedures and to promote the provision of services to citizens.
- Component 3: strengthening the capacities of public administration for implementation of the public policy management, focusing on skills needed to efficiently monitor and value the effect of public policies in key areas. Activities include capacity-building measures that improve public policy planning, public consultations, as well as support for policy lab (pilot analysis of public policies and regulations – PIA and RIA).
- Component 4: support for enhancing the capacities of public administration bodies to manage the accession negotiations process with the European Union.
- Efficiency and quality of services provided by public administration bodies are improved through simplification of administrative procedures;
- Public administration employment is enhanced through the process of recruitment and selection based on competences;
- Public administration has been empowered and can develop the necessary capacities independently, in a sustainable and capacity-oriented way;
Public administration capacities are improved for the monitoring and evaluation of the effects of their policies and regulations before and after their adoption.